We helped CoPatient “knock it out of the park”.

The founders of copatient, amazing thinkers and entrepreneurs, approached us with a tight deadline, transitional branding, and the need to deliver a demo app at a major investor conference. The app needed to get people excited about their service as CoPatient worked to secure Series A funding. CoPatient’s service addresses a problem most of us are unaware of and saves users money at the same time. They review medical bills, find errors and overcharges, and pass the savings on to you minus a nominal fee for their effort. There are essentially piles of money being left on the table every time you’re billed for medical services. CoPatient helps you find these errors and assigns an advocate to get the errors resolved on your behalf.

Times are tight

Their tight deadline required that we waste no time getting up to speed on their offering and their users. Thankfully they had done a lot of the hard work on identifying users and their market already. We used this valuable information and supplemented it with our own abridged discovery process.

Transitional branding

Concurrent with needing a demo app, CoPatient were redesigning their website. They were ambivalent about the degree of branding they should include in the app as they wanted to take their time with this part of the development of their identity and focus on getting the app to market in the short term. The app needed to leverage existing identity work (including a basic color palette and logo) in a way that was not off-brand, and yet it needed to not overly commit to branding as they had not been through a full-fledged identity development process.

Taking nothing for granted

CoPatient provided us with a thorough flow chart rich with content. It included feature ideas, nomenclature, descriptions of the foci of each interaction with the user. It was hugely helpful. Our approach, wherever possible, is to take nothing for granted. As we looked at the flow-chart, we found many opportunities to improve the user experience. These improvements took the form of design, refining the user interface, and making recommendations for editing copy that improve the user experience. Particularly in screens with greater information density, we were able to provide the user with a primary focus while not depriving them of access to detailed data.